Training Visa - Subclass 407
New Era Institute is approved by The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (Currently becomes the Department of Home Affairs) to sponsor applicants for Training visa 407 (Temporary Activities Sponsor TRN#EGOFGUN1YW).
A training visa allows the applicant to visit Australia on a temporary basis and participate in an occupational training or professional development for a duration up to 2 years.
3 Types of Occupational Training under Training visa Subclass 407
The applicant can participate in either of the following types of occupational training under 407 visa:
- Workplace-based training to acquire registration or licensing: This training covers the people who require obtaining registration, membership or licensing to start an occupation in their home country or in Australia.
- Structured Workplace-based training to improve skills: This training covers the people who are nominated by approved temporary activities sponsor in Australia for an occupation specified in the list of eligible skilled occupations but require undergoing structured workplace-based training to improve skills for that occupation.
- Training that sharpens the skills or enhance competency: This type of training is divided into three categories:
- Overseas Qualification: This category belongs to the students who are enrolled in a foreign educational institution and in need of completing a period of practical training, research or observation to get their degree or qualification. Applying for training visa under this category provides an opportunity
- Government Support: This category belongs to the people who have the support of a government agency of their home country or Australia to get a structured workplace-based occupational training.
- Professional Development: This category belongs to the overseas employers who want their employees undergo a tailored professional development program for their organization’s growth.
Occupational training for capacity building overseas
- A copy of the nominee’s relevant qualifications and CV.
- A copy of the structured workplace-based training programme or professional development programme (as applicable).
- A signed letter from the nominee’s overseas employer on company letterhead detailing the nominee’s current managerial or professional position with the employer.
- Evidence as to how the occupational training programme will provide skills and expertise relevant to the employer’s business and the nominee’s development.
- A statement from the sponsor confirming the sponsor is satisfied that the nominee will be doing the professional development training specified in the application and the nominee has the relevant managerial or other professional skills and work experience to participate in the program.
The Primary form of the Occupational Training is the provision of face to face teaching in a classroom or similar environment.
Processing Time: The processing time can reach up to 5 months from the date of lodgment of a decision ready application (however, this can vary).
Benefits of the visa: The training visa allows the applicant to:
- Apply for the visa both onshore and offshore
- Live in Australia for up to 2 years and complete the training specified in your application
- Leave and re-enter Australia frequently till the visa is valid
- Bring eligible family members to accompany you in Australia
More information about Training visa 407 can be found at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/407-
Please contact New Era Institute by clicking here or Text message: +61 405 843 684